Digium is pleased to announce the release of 1.3 software for the AA50.
Users may download the update directly from Digium’s AA50 downloads portal
Users who have registered their AA50 hardware and their subscription, as included with their AA50 purchase, at http://www.digium.com/register may visit the Asterisk Business Edition download portal at https://be.digium.com. Once logged in, you will see a “Downloads” link. Click it. Then, you’ll see a tab called “AA50 Files.” Click it. You will now see a 1.3 Folder. Go there. Inside of this folder, you will see a Changelog file that contains information about what’s new in the release and the new firmware itself – a uImage file. You may download this uImage file to your local PC.
Once you have downloaded the uImage file, reboot your AA50. After it has finished, log into the web UI for your AA50. Once there, go to the “Updates” menu. There, you will see a form that allows you to upload to the AA50 the uImage file that you’ve downloaded to your local PC. Once you’ve uploaded the uImage file, your AA50 will need to reboot. The upgrade process can take about 8 minutes, so go grab a cup of coffee. When you come back from your coffee, log into the web interface again and the upgrade process will be complete.
AA50 Software Release 1.3
The new AA50 1.3 software release includes a number of enhancements and bug fixes, but is primarily a feature release that provides significant new features spanning multiple areas. Key new features provided include: G.729 support, Paging and Intercom, Findme/Followme, Custom Feature Codes, a new IVR application, a new real-time status page to see who’s on the phone and how much voicemail they have, the ability to do Bulk Adds, the return of the Active Channels page and the ability to manipulate VoIP phone digit mapping and digit timeout.
Additional New Features:
- Registration tool support for registering g729 licenses has been added to the GUI.
- Ability to upgrade Polycom firmware through GUI.
- Added the ability to assign multiple line keys to a user on a Polycom phone.
- Added digit mapping option for Polycom phones.
- Added Backup Options – A check box has been added in the AA50 GUI. Backups now have the option of including voicemails and custom prompts.
- Added ssmtp authentication option for emailing voicemails.
- Added the ability to view DHCP assignments\leases in the GUI, to assist administrators with managing phones, etc.
- Added the ‘tcpdump’ utility, accessible via the CLI.
- Added DTMF Detection via Features.configuration.
- Added the ability to select format in which to record custom prompts.
- Parked calls and conference calls are displayed on the “System Status” page of the GUI.
- Added an ‘Update Timezones’ button to the GUI
In addition to the changes listed above, we’ve done a number of other things:
- Upload functionality now works for IE6 and IE7.
- Corrected erroneous “unregistered” display of IAX2 trunk on AA50 GUI status page.
- Corrected an issue where it was possible for a corrupt filename to occur when uploading a backup file into the AA50 using Internet Explorer.
- Corrected issue where calling inbound to an AA50 extension produces an inconsistent ring-back.
- Corrected display of IAX2 trunk on AA50 GUI status page
We get many feature requests from customers every day, and we get reports of bugs, too. We’ve done our best to address some of those requests and issues that we think will have the largest impact on the customer base. Your feature requests and issue reporting are important to us and we’re always interested to hear your suggestions.
Thank you and I look forward to speaking to all of you again in the not so distant future.