Digium is pleased to announce the beta availability of Asterisk 1.8. Asterisk 1.8, the next major release of Asterisk, is a Long-Term Support (LTS) release and will be fully supported for 4 years, with an additional year of security-only fixes. For more information about support timelines for Asterisk releases, see the Asterisk versions page:
A short list of new features that are a part of Asterisk 1.8 includes:
- Secure RTP (SRTP)
- IPv6 Support for SIP
- Connected Party Identification Support
- Calendaring Integration for CalDAV, iCal, Exchange or EWS calendars
- A new call logging system, Channel Event Logging (CEL)
- Distributed Device State, including Message Waiting Indicator using Jabber/XMPP PubSub
- Call Completion Supplementary Services (CCSS) Support, including Call Completion on Busy Subscriber (CCBS) and Call Completion on No Response (CCNR)
- Advice of Charge, including AOC-S, AOC-D, and AOC-E Support
- and much, much more!
A full list of new features can be found in the CHANGES file.
How can you help?
By testing, testing and more testing! We need your help finding bugs so that 1.8 is the best release possible. To help, download the beta.
Build and install it, and test, test, test!
Report all issues to our issue tracker:
Thank you for your assistance and for your continued support of Asterisk!
To Learn more about all things Asterisk, visit our website!