I recently heard the song “Both Sides Now” where legendary folk singer, Joni Mitchell insightfully sings about clouds, admitting:
I’ve looked at clouds from both sides now, From up and down, and still somehow
It’s cloud illusions I recall. I really don’t know clouds at all…
Fast forward 40 years later and some might argue that these lyrics still resonate as the word “Cloud” has now moved from catchy song lyrics to must-have tech solutions. For some small and medium-size businesses (SMBs), the term “Cloud” may be confusing, especially as they try to understand how to best use it to support their most critical business needs – and the Clouds aren’t clearing out anytime soon.
Consider that Apple, Amazon and Google make Cloud a main-stream concept and analysts predict that cloud-based services will be the largest innovation in IT for 2013. In 2012, 48% of SMBs use cloud services and that trend will continue to grow in 2013.
That being said, the term “Cloud” refers to many aspects of IT to include storage, software as a service (SaaS), UCaaS, CaaS, cloud computing, telephony and aspects of the BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) trend. And, how do terms such as “hosted”, “virtualization” “private” and “public” and other concepts correlate to the term Cloud?
Let’s consider a few descriptors to the term “cloud”, as they apply to a cloud telephony or a hosted PBX solution, and then I’ll show you how to find them in Digium’s new Switchvox Cloud offering.
Let’s start by looking at the elements of a hosted PBX cloud:
- On-demand services – Customers can easily turn up the service and make changes to the service automatically.
- Broad network access and elasticity – The technology can expand and be accessed from any location and any web-enabled device.
- Maintenance-free solution –Customers can easily handle moves, adds and changes remotely and eliminate the need for on-site maintenance or installation support. Cloud technologies are designed for ease-of-use and agile environments.
- Public or private deployments – Services can be provided in a shared, multi-tenant environment or in a separated or private instance. Redundancy, QoS, security and availability all influence the application for each deployment.
- Measurable Service – All phone calls and data transmission occurs over an off-site network. Bandwidth and network assessments and service guarantees are essential as every phone call transverses a public, shared connection.
Now, let’s talk Switchvox and the Cloud…
Switchvox Cloud is a full UC solution in a hosted environment. It is available in the lower 48 states today allowing users to have all of the features of Switchvox with the benefits of the Cloud.
What you’ll learn:
- How a hosted UC business phone system can benefit small business
- Benefits of fast deployment, low CAPEX, and no maintenance
- How to get the best value, feature-for-feature in Cloud UC
- Integrating mobility in your communications strategy
- What to consider as you grow: how to easily migrate between Switchvox Cloud and Switchvox on-site business phone systems
Join me by registering now. And, be sure to show up early… someone just might sing, hum, or whistle a few bars of that old Joni Mitchell classic.