When a system administrator is tasked with upgrading a business phone system, there are several boxes to check when comparing solutions. Employees care about features and integrations, managers care about cost control, and sysadmins care about simplicity and flexibility on top of everything else.
The Switchvox Unified Communication (UC) solution has been a favorite choice of sysadmins across the country for several years because it satisfies the needs of every role in an organization. The all-inclusive feature set is extensive, the system is affordable and offered in both a hosted and on-premises deployment, and above all else, it’s widely acknowledged in the IT community for its simple and easy-to-use interface.
Here are several reasons why system administrators love Switchvox:
- The Switchvox GUI uses simple drop-down menus and quick links to efficiently maneuver through the system, eliminating complex scripting and coding.
- The in-line help menus offer easy access to information such as next steps and terminology definitions. Access to these menus saves time for both employees and IT staff as most answers can be found without inquiring a third party.
- With permissions, IT has complete control over who has access to what features and menus. These permissions can be updated at any time via web browser.
- Administrative tools like IVR, call rules, and network administration are easy to configure and deliver powerful results. Admins can set up least cost call routing, advanced automation through the interactive voice response (IVR) system, call recording, music on hold, and more.
- IT staff members can deliver useful integrations with other business tools like CRM, ERP and more.
- The Extend API lets IT build integrations with Switchvox using common programming languages such as PERL and PHP.
- JAVA API for Digium Phones allows IT to write their own applications for the handset. Notifications from other systems are delivered right to employees’ desk phones.
- The Digium phones provision with Switchvox both through the GUI and directly on the phone in under 60 seconds.
- The Switchvox Softphone for iPhone gives IT complete call control from their mobile device, giving them the ability to be everywhere at once. IT staff can make and receive calls, record, transfer, conference, and more- from anywhere.
- With Fixed Mobile Convergence (FMC), admins can easily transfer calls from their desk phone to their mobile phone, which allows them to continue the conversation with a user and not have to give out a mobile number to reach them on.
- Admins can create reports on system status, phone status, disc usage, and many other vital statistics through the Switchvox reporting tools.
Watch the webinar below to learn more about these and many more reasons System Administrators love Switchvox