Throughout my time in the telecom industry, I’ve realized that many managed service providers (MSPs) typically don’t offer voice services. Oftentimes, it’s because they have felt it is a unique market requiring highly specialized skills. However, over time, many of these barriers have come down, and MSPs are encouraged to consider a second look at offering voice services to their customers.
If you are an MSP, here are a few reasons why you should consider offering voice:
- The technical bar is much lower than before.
- Cloud deployments make it easier than ever.
- It’s another application on a network you already manage.
- You can earn recurring revenue.
- It’s an opportunity to lock out the competition.
But, the number one reason I find why MSPs start selling voice is because their customers want them to. Customers rely on their service provider to take care of everything technical, and the customer believes their phones should be supported, just like their other technologies.
Join Me at MSP Expo
If you’re an MSP and have been unsure about how to get started with voice, join me at MSP Expo to learn how to successfully sell, support, and package a voice offering. I’ll be speaking on a panel with other industry experts during the session titled How to Profitably Add UC and Telecom to Your Service Offering.
This session will focus on:
- How to profitably add UC and telecom as add-on services.
- How to position and sell this new offering for best results.
- How to evaluate and select what platform to enable this.
- What deployment choices are available to MSPs adding UC and telecom.
- How to address other concerns, such as billing, support, and taxing issue.
MSP Expo will take place May 16 & 17 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The show is designed to help teach MSPs how to build their businesses; shows them what opportunities are available to them; what services they can and should add; and how to successfully sell, support, and package them. Register now and don’t miss out on this great opportunity to learn how to expand your business!