Here’s some exciting news: The latest version of our award-winning Unified Communications platform, Switchvox 7, is now available!
This is a big deal. It marks a major milestone in the history of the platform and our company. It is the first major version release of Switchvox since Digium was acquired and joined the Sangoma family.
Commenting on this historic release, Bill Wignall, President and CEO of Sangoma, reassures users, partners, and shareholders saying, “Sangoma is committed to the Switchvox Unified Communications platform. Since the acquisition of Digium, we have invested many resources into making Switchvox an even better solution that provides a greater value to our customer base. It is important for our customers and partners to know that we are dedicated to Switchvox and are relentlessly working to grow the platform, starting with the capabilities added in Switchvox 7.”
What’s New on Switchvox 7?
“So,” you may be asking, “what’s all the fuss about? What should I look forward to when updating to Switchvox 7.0?” Well, here are some highlights:
- Expanded Switchvox Meet Me Conference functionality providing conference room administrators more transparency and additional tools for ensuring productive conference calls.
- A new Conference Widget for Switchboard and the D80 IP phone that gives users access to visual conference controls on their desktop or D80 phone screen.
- Music on Hold (MoH) can now be set for Meet Me conferences and simple conferences, as well as parking lots, providing a more professional experience for your customers and staff.
- Calls will never be missed with the all new Call Pickup feature, available to all D Series IP phones. This feature allows inbound calls to another extension to be monitored and answered by an authorized user from their own IP phone.
- Updates to the Switchboard and administration GUI to display more useful system details.
There are many other improvements to look forward to in Switchvox 7. It’s an exciting update to the best value in UC. Before you update to take full advantage of Switchvox, be sure to read our complete guide to updating your phone system to Switchvox 7.0 and check out the frequently asked questions to ensure a smooth transition.