Digium Environmental Affairs Policy
Digium is committed to environmental affairs leadership in all of its business activities. The company commits to:
- Provide a safe and healthful workplace and ensure that personnel are properly trained and have appropriate safety and emergency equipment.
- Be an environmentally responsible neighbor in the communities where we operate, and act promptly and responsibly to correct incidents or conditions that endanger health, safety or the environment. Report them to authorities promptly and inform affected parties as appropriate.
- Conserve natural resources by reusing and recycling materials, purchasing recycled materials and using recyclable packaging and other materials.
- Develop, manufacture and market products that are safe for their intended use, efficient in their use of energy, protective of the environment and that can be reused, recycled or disposed of safely.
- Use development and manufacturing processes that do not adversely affect the environment, including operations and technologies to minimize waste, prevent air, water, and other pollution, minimize health and safety risks and dispose of waste safely and responsibly.
- Ensure the responsible use of energy throughout our business, including conserving energy, improving energy efficiency and giving preference to renewable over non-renewable energy sources when feasible.
- Meet or exceed all applicable government requirements and voluntary requirements to which Digium subscribes. Set and adhere to stringent requirements of our own no matter where in the world the company does business.
- Strive to continually improve Digium's Environmental management system.
Every employee and every contractor on Digium premises is expected to follow this policy and to report any environmental, health or safety concern to Digium management. Managers are expected to take prompt action.