R800 - EOL*
*Product has reached End-of-Life
The R800 appliance provides failover capabilities for analog (POTS) circuits. Lines from the telephone company are terminated to the R800, which then delivers service to Digium interface ports on the active server.
In the event of a hardware or software fault on primary, the R800 redirects all circuits to the backup. Control signaling is handled via USB ports which also provide power to the R800, saving energy over the lifetime of the appliance.
The R800, combined with a clustered primary and standby Asterisk servers, provides a fully redundant communications solution. Lines from the telephone company are terminated to the R800, which then delivers service to Digium interface ports on the active server. Third-party applications monitor the health of the primary server and provide mirroring of the Asterisk config files.
In the event of a hardware or software failure on the primary Asterisk Server, it will be removed from the cluster and the R-Series appliance is instructed to move the PSTN circuits to the standby. The standby server assumes the role of primary server within seconds, and without loss of services such as voice mail, phone registrations, etc.
- 8-Port Analog Failover Appliance
- Supports eight (8) public switched telephone (PSTN) circuits
- Supported Analog Boards: TDM410, TDM800, TDM2400, Hybrid Cards (Analog)
- Size: 1.72 x 5.84 x 15 inches
- Weight: 3lb 5.4oz
- Style: 1U Rack mount (brackets included)
- Temperature: 0 to 50° C (32 to 122° F) operation; -20 to 70° C (4 to 158° F) storage
- Humidity: 10 to 90% non-condensing
- Warranty: One (1) year parts and labor, Digium Exceptional Satisfaction Program (ESP)
- Automatic failover solution may require the use of two (2) USB flash drives (not included)