8 Port BRI/Analog
The Hx8 Series are versatile devices used for connecting to the PSTN. This is accomplished with analog lines connected to trunk (FXO) interfaces, analog handsets connected to station (FXS) interfaces, and digital lines connected to ISDN BRI interfaces. The Hx8 Series supports all three types of connectivity on a single card through the use of Digium's specialized telephony modules for FXO, FXS, and BRI. Used in conjunction with Asterisk®, the Hx8-series hybrid telephony cards can deliver a wide range of voice applications including IP PBX, VoIP Gateway, IVR platform, Conference Bridge, Voicemail, and more.
Like Digium's analog and single-port PRI cards, the Hx8 hybrid telephony cards utilize Digium's VoiceBus™ technology. VoiceBus technology allows the Hx8 cards to use an industry standard bus-mastering PCI interface to maximize system compatibility and eliminate system conflicts. Additionally, the Hx8 cards can eliminate troublesome echo with the optional VPMADT032 echo cancellation module.
The Hx8 Series are half-length, full-height hybrid telephony cards supporting Digium's single-port FXS (S110M) and FXO (X100M) modules as well as Digium's quad-port FXS (S400M) and FXO (X400M) modules and B400M four-port EuroISDN S/T module. The B400M sets a new standard for BRI connectivity in the Asterisk market with its support for software-selectable mode (NT or TE) and line termination. The B400M requires no jumpers for operation, regardless of mode or termination.
The Hx8 is available in universal 3.3/5.0V PCI format as HA8 and in PCI-Express x1 format as HB8.
- Connect Asterisk applications to ISDN and / or analog phone service
- Connect legacy analog and / or ISDN BRI PBX systems to VoIP services
- Build small form-factor solutions with both analog and ISDN technologies
- 165mm x 107mm for use in restricted chassis
- Half-length, Full-height PCI or PCI-Express
- EuroISDN TE PTP / PTMP
- EuroISDN NT PTP
- Loopstart FXS & FXO
- Single PCI or PCI-Express - Autosense compatibility with 5 V and 3.3 V PCI busses
- Fully PCI 2.2 and PCI-Express compliant, compatible with all commercially available motherboards, proper sharing of PCI interrupts
- Extended Bus Latency Mitigation
Hardware Echo Cancellation (optional)
- 128ms (1024 taps) of G.168 echo cancellation per B-channel
- FCC Part 15 Class B, FCC Part 68, CE, TBR3
- 500-MHz Pentium III or better with 64MB of RAM
- Available 3.3V or 5.0V PCI Slot - HA8
- Available PCI-Express x1 Slot - HB8
Other Technical Specifications
- Temperature range: 0°-50° C
- Up to 8 ports of BRI are supported. Mix TE and NT modes, as required. Change modes and termination in software.
- Up to 8 ports of Analog FXS or FXO are supported.
- High quality, tested 2.1m 4-pin RJ45 port to 4-pin RJ11 adapter cables included with BRI modules.
- Optimized DMA stream and hardware-level HDLC handling unload the host CPU.
- Intelligent hardware: Field downloadable and upgradeable FPGA programming
- HA8 base card 151mA peak
- HB8 base card 455mA peak
- 5-year parts and labor and Exceptional Satisfaction Policy
How to Buy
HX8 Series cards are configurable with BRI, FXO, FXS, and an optional hardware echo cancellation module.
Use the telephony card selector to identify the correct Digium part number based on your requirements.