Improving Schools with a Switchvox Phone System
Delivering affordable, easy-to-use VoIP for education
Communication is an integral part of education and schools need an affordable, easy-to-use technology that enables it.
Switchvox, a VoIP phone system, makes it simple to replace an older phone system and quickly experience the benefits of using mobile applications, dedicated conference rooms, and other advanced features that take school communications to the next level.
Switchvox is more than a basic school phone system that simply answers calls. It helps connect teachers, staff members, and parents anywhere, anytime.
Download our free guide called Switchvox for Education to discover more about how your school can benefit from a complete VoIP Unified Communications (UC) solution.
Benefits of Switchvox for Schools
Switchvox enables you broadcast emergency alerts through a paging system, such as Quicklert, that goes out via the display on desktop phones, directly to parents’ phones, or to emergency contact numbers of your students.
Mobility features in Switchvox help turn your staff into a mobile task force during an emergency. The ability to readily communicate with mobile devices ensures that you can reach your staff anywhere, anytime.
Switchvox offers low upfront costs, industry-low annual costs, and an “All Features Included” pricing model that ensures you don’t have to sacrifice features to meet your school’s budget.
In fact, Switchvox typically can save schools 40-60% compared to other proprietary phone vendors.
It can also easily integrate with existing systems to facilitate a slow rollout if the budget can’t cover a complete replacement.
Easy to Use
School phone systems absolutely must be easy to use, perhaps even more so than other industries.
Education professionals typically don’t have time to learn complex systems. So they love that Switchvox comes with an intuitive and powerful web-based interface, handsets, and mobile applications.
This makes it easy for new employees to get up and running quickly without taking time away from the classroom.
Best Value in UC Keeps Students Safe
Switchvox VoIP phone system has been named the Best Value in UC by leading industry analysts for its robust set of features at an affordable price. Among these features are excellent tools for emergency situations, including multiple alert options and mobility applications. You can rely on Switchvox to keep communication going during an emergency event.
Want to learn more about the benefits of a Switchvox phone system for your school? Download our free guide: Switchvox for Education. Let our VoIP experts show you how to turn your phone system into a powerful tool for teachers, administrators, and your school IT staff.
Features that Benefit All Employees
Phone systems aren't just for office workers anymore. VoIP phone systems for schools open up an entire world of communication for all employees. Whether you are a teacher, an administrator, or an IT staff member, a Unified Communications system offers benefits specific to your job role.
- Mobile applications allow teachers to make calls from their cell phones while using a school phone number so that personal home or mobile numbers are kept private.
- Fixed Mobile Convergence allows teachers to easily transition calls from their desk phones to their mobile phones with the touch of a button.
- Each extension is given a dedicated conference room that is perfect for hosting one-on-one meetings with a child's parent or groups calls with the entire class' parents.
- Free up time and increase efficiency by automating absentee and other routine calls.
- Easily create custom greetings and messaging to enhance your school's professional image.
- Microsoft Outlook integration allows administrators to dial contacts directly from Outlook contacts or emails.
- Switchvox is 100% web-based and easily managed from any computer connected to the network.
- The admin interface is very easy-to-use and requires absolutely no coding.
- Every feature is included in the initial purchase and is permissions-based, so whenever someone needs a feature added, simply check a box and the user is granted what they need right away.
Casper College saves $$$ with Digium
Tasked with replacing a complex, legacy phone system on campus, the Director of IT for Casper College turned to Digium. In this preview, you learn how much money they saved. Ready to watch?
Digium Switchvox was the perfect, cost-effective solution for the Wisconsin schools. With its standards-based architecture, schools could implement the needed security measures as well as enjoy more flexibility and modern features.
Becker School District
See how the Becker School District increases savings and efficiency with elimination of legacy phone system.