Learn to build custom solutions with Asterisk APIs
Asterisk is a free and open source framework for building communications applications. Out of the box Asterisk has the features to create communications applications such as business phone systems(PBX), call center distribution systems, interactive voice response systems(IVR), VoIP gateways, and conference bridges. In many cases you may need an external application to control Asterisk call flow, monitor Asterisk call events, or communicate with Asterisk in some other way. Asterisk provides really great Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) to allow developers to build custom solutions and to integrate with other systems.
The Asterisk APIs for Developers class is a three-day hands-on course that provides software application developers with in-depth knowledge on the Asterisk APIs, including the Asterisk Gateway Interface (AGI) , the Asterisk Manager Interface (AMI), and the Asterisk REST Interface (ARI). Students will learn how to use AGI to control the flow of a call and integrate with other systems in the context of a call. Using the AMI, students will learn how to build applications that can monitor call status and events and perform actions on active calls. ARI allows you to create your own custom communications application in Asterisk (e.g. call queue, conference bridge, voicemail) in the language of your choice. Students will learn the ARI fundamentals and build custom Asterisk applications using ARI.
The following Digium hardware and course materials are included in the cost of the course:
- SIP Desk Phone
- Training Courseware
- Have installed and worked in a Linux environment.
- Know how to manipulate files and perform basic administrative tasks from the command line.
- Know how to use a text editor to modify configuration files.
- Programming and scripting experience: Have some familiarity with programming and scripting languages such as C, C++, Bash, Perl, etc..
- Know where Asterisk configs are located, and how to read and use sample config files.
- Know the general format/syntax of the Asterisk dialplan and the basic dialplan applications.
- Asterisk CLI: Know how to connect to remote Asterisk sessions and administer them using basic CLI commands.
To register for class, or to see a list of upcoming classes, browse the Course Schedule.
To speak with a Training Specialist about Digium classes or certification call +1 (256) 428-6165 or send us a message.